This Personal Data Protection Notice ("Notice") sets out how ParkCity Parking Sdn Bhd ("Company") collects, uses and protects the Personal Data of tenants, visitors, customers and prospective customers of the Plaza Arkadia @ Parkcity, and such other persons whose Personal Data have been provided to the Company. This Notice is prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010.
1. PERSONAL DATA
1.1 The "Personal Data" that you provide or have provided to the Company includes your name, age, NRIC number or passport number, address of correspondence including office address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, contact information including email address, mobile number, house number, facsimile number, and office number, details of employment, race, nationality, particulars of your spouse or family members, and any information which relates directly or indirectly to you, from which you may be identified or may be identifiable from that information, which is collected, recorded, held or stored by the Company.
1.2 In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to the Company directly (whether at the relevant activities organized by the Company or at the time of your registration with the Company or at the time of your participation in survey conducted by the Company or at the time of you having any means of communications whether orally or written with the Company), the Company may also collect your Personal Data from various other lawful sources.
1.3 The Company may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to the Company and you agree to use your best endeavors to do so. You shall indemnify the Company in the event we suffer any loss or damage as a result of your failure to comply with the same.
2. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 Your Personal Data will be used and processed by the Company for the purposes as described below:
- for preparing and executing all such instruments, documents and agreements necessary for purpose of entering into transactions with the Company;
- to enable the Company to carry out or perform its contractual obligations with you;
- for billings and collections of outstanding payments in accordance with the agreement and related documents;
- for delivery of vacant possession notices, key handover, property and/or estate management purposes, customer services purposes and/or handling with defects rectification works;
- for establishing, maintaining, processing and administrating your participation in the relevant activities organized by the Company;
- for conducting marketing research or profiling of client in relation to the Company's product and services;
- for investigating and managing complaints from tenants or visitors of Plaza Arkadia @ ParkCity;
- for the Company's internal administrative purposes;
- for delivering important notices in relation to any changes of the Company's terms, conditions or business/sale policies that may affect you;
- for the Company to communicate with you or contact you for all purposes set out above; and
- for the Company to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the Company's provision of services and products under the requirements of any applicable laws, regulations, by-laws, guidelines, directions or any court order applicable to the Company and to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities.
2.2 It is voluntary for you to supply your Personal Data to the Company. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, the Company may not be able to:
- carry out effectively the transactions with you;
- provide you with the satisfactory services;
- provide you with the notices, invites or materials that you requested from the Company, whether or not in relation to the Company's events; or
- communicate effectively with you.
2.3. The Company may also process your personal data for the purposes as follows:
- for delivery to you invites to the Company's events, programmes, new launches, promotional packages, advertisements for marketing purposes or any specific information about our products and services; or
- for sharing with our related companies and affiliates for facilitating better understanding of your needs and better improvement of our products and services.
2.4. The Company shall communicate with you, for the purposes set out in paragraphs 2.1 and 2.3 above, either by way of email, telecommunication means or ordinary mail.
2.5. If you do not agree to the Company processing your Personal Data for any of the purposes set out in paragraph 2.3, please notify the Company by contacting the Company via the contact details set out in paragraph 6.1 below.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1. Your Personal Data provided to the Company or obtained by the Company shall be kept confidential by the Company. However, it may be necessary for the Company to disclose and transfer your Personal Data to third party companies, entities or service providers engaged by the Company to perform certain services on the Company's behalf, including the following:
- external advisors and other professional advisors, such as auditors, engineers, quantity surveyors, land surveyors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers;
- any government (federal, state or local), quasi or semi-government and or statutory bodies authorities departments or agencies or corporations approved and establish for the provision of utility services and facilities, including without limitation Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Syarkat Bekalan Air Selangor Sendirian Berhad, Syarikat Telekom Berhad and Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd, and includes all persons authorized to act for and on their behalf;
- contractors or sub-contractors;
- property management or marketing companies;
- such other service provider that may be appointed by the Company.
3.2 The Company shall also disclose and transfer the information to any relevant statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, local authorities and/or other governmental authorities where required, and any such person to whom the Company is required to do so pursuant to a direction or order of such statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, local authorities and/or other governmental authorities.
3.3. The Company may also disclose your Personal Data to our related companies within our group or our affiliates, where it is necessary or appropriate to enable the Company to better understand your needs and better improvement of our products and services, and/or for purposes of data storage or processing.
3.4. If there is a corporate restructuring exercise of the Company (including without limitation any sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or reorganization involving the Company or the assets of the Company to another party), your personal data may be required to be disclosed and/or transferred to the other party as part of such corporate restructuring exercise. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and/or transfer may occur and hereby permit the Company to release your personal data to the other party, its advisers and representatives.
4. EMAIL AND WEBSITE
4.1. Any Personal Data provided via your registration through the Company's Website and any Personal Data contained in the emails and 'Contact Us' messages sent via the Company's Website to the Company shall be used and processed in the manner set out in this Notice. The content of the messages shall be strictly monitored by the Company.
4.2. If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, please configure your internet browser to delete or deactivate cookies.
4.3. The Company's Website may contain links to other sites and pages not owned by the Company. The Company shall not be responsible for any Personal Data or information that you may provide to other entity via such links.
5. SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
5.1. Your Personal Data provided to the Company or obtained by the Company shall be kept secured by the Company through reasonable and appropriate administrative and security measures and procedures to prevent any unauthorized or unlawful processing, loss of or damage to, your Personal Data.
5.2. Any Personal Data provided by you to the Company shall be retained by the Company for as long as the fulfillment of the purposes stated in paragraphs 2.1 and/or 2.3 above is required, or if such retention is necessary pursuant to any legal, regulatory or accounting requirements.
6. REQUEST FOR ACCESS AND INQUIRIES
6.1. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data provided to us is accurate. However, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or request for rectification or correction of your Personal Data, or limit the processing of your Personal Data by the Company, as the case may be, however subject to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable law. If you wish to do so, please contact:
ParkCity Parking Sdn Bhd,
Plaza Arkadia Car Park Office,
Block C-B1-1, Plaza Arkadia,
No. 3, Jalan Intisari Perdana, Desa ParkCity,
52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel No : +603 2711 7632
You may also contact the Company via the above contact details if you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data provided to the Company.
6.2. Please note that the Company has the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law.
7. AMENDMENT TO NOTICE
The Company reserves the right to amend or modify this Notice from time to time without prior notice to you. In any case, an updated version of this notice is available on http://plazaarkadia.com.my/pdpa.html
and you may periodically review this website to obtain the latest information on our privacy policies.